The Practical Training Certificate (PTC) programme teaches your people how to deliver quick, effective, on-the-job training to small groups or individuals.
Our experienced PTC trainers will show them how to interest and motivate their trainees, deliver step-by-step, easy-to-understand training, and set acceptable performance standards for each step. In short, they’ll learn how to raise the performance of their entire team!
Benefits of training your people with the PTC programme include:
- Protecting your brand standards – your staff will be able to show new colleagues exactly how to deliver the level of service your customers expect
- Creating a learning and development culture where colleagues can share their knowledge effectively
- Consistent excellent training for all your staff
- Formal assessment – all delegates are assessed at the end of the programme, and will get valuable feedback on what they’re doing well, and where they can improve
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for anyone who is responsible for training staff with a practical element to their job – for example, setting tables, preparing food, cleaning a bedroom, displaying stock, operating machinery. This includes supervisors, team leaders, managers or experienced front-line staff who help to train new starters.
It also acts as a helpful refresher for professional trainers who want to keep their skills up to date.
Number of people per programme: 4-6
What the course covers
- Structuring a training session
- Adapting training to different learning styles
- Grabbing trainees’ attention
- Breaking the training process down into steps
- Using questions to keep trainees involved
- Checking trainees’ understanding
Our PTC training sessions are structured but very interactive, with plenty of opportunities to share ideas, take part in exercises, practise new skills and learn from fellow participants.
Hear from others...
“Having been a trainer for 15 years and completing many courses, I found the PTC training to be well structured with clear subject matter that has really benefited my staff.”
Angela Barlow, Shepherd Neame
“Very enjoyable – I’m now able to train a new starter to a better standard and I’ve learnt a new way of giving feedback”
Phil Gregory, Kuehne & Nagel
“Well structured, well organised, well timed. The content on stages of learning and the importance of breaking down tasks into smaller chunks was especially useful.”
Jessie Livingstone, Rookery Hall Hotel
“The most interesting and worthwhile course I have attended in the past three years.”
S. Butterworth, University of Kent