About the National Certificate in Airside Operations
The EU Commission Regulation 139/2014 and the UK CAA require an aerodrome operator to provide a safety training programme that ensures that personnel involved in the operation, rescue and firefighting, maintenance and management of the aerodrome are trained and competent.
The aerodrome operator must ensure that personnel involved in the operation of the aerodrome are adequately trained. This requires that anyone conducting their duties have demonstrated their competence through proficiency checks.
The National Certificate in Airside Operations assessment platform delivers a recognised, accredited and portable certification for all those working in Airside Operations throughout the UK Aerodromes that has a generic technical core, which evidences compliance.
The certificate will recognise through a formalised assessment process the knowledge skills and experience of individuals already working in the role, but without a recognised qualification. Competence is demonstrated through:
- Online assessment
- Individual field assessments conducted by a quality assured assessor
- Certification of professional competence
Benefits of the National Certificate in Airside Operations:
- Airside Operatives are trained to an agreed national standard
- Compliance with EASA & CAA regulations
- Opportunities for a reduction in training cost and greater transferability
- Aligning apprenticeships with work based training and career progression
- Opportunity for all existing staff to receive a national recognised certificate for the airside operative similar to the current Aerodrome Rescue & Fire Fighter maintenance competency scheme.
To find out more about the NCAO and how it can benefit your airport, get it touch.