**NEW WOMEN 1ST WEBSITE NOW LIVE**
Women 1st wants to transform the face of boards in hospitality, passenger transport, travel and tourism, and support women who aspire to senior leadership roles to fulfil their career ambitions.
People 1st launched Women 1st in 2009 after discovering that, while women make up almost 60 percent of the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism workforce, just six percent of board-level directors are female. In passenger transport, women make up just 22 percent of the entire workforce.
This needs to change, and that's where Women 1st comes in.
At a time when our industries are crying out for skilled managers and leaders, there are thousands of talented women who can step up to the plate, given the right support. Women 1st wants to give women the skills, confidence and inspiration to go for more senior roles, help them build their personal networks and help organisations understand how and why they should support their female managers to reach the top.
Women 1st is doing this through:
- Training - continuous professional development programmes that transform women's leadership capabilities and give them the skills to take the next step in their career
- Mentoring - giving women personal advice and guidance from senior leaders they would not usually have access to
- Events – conference and networking events that bring women together to make valuable connections and be inspired by dynamic speakers
- Awards – the annual Shine Awards shine a light on the women that are making a difference in hospitality, passenger transport, travel and tourism
- Top 100 Club - a growing network of influential women to act as role models and ambassadors for future female leaders
- Thought leadership – encouraging people, businesses and media to talk about why there aren't more women in senior positions, and how we can change it
Whether you want to move up to the next level in your career, share your own knowledge and experience, or develop female managers in your team, Women 1st can help.
Visit www.women1st.co.uk for more details.