Our WorldHost ‘Customers with Disabilities’ programme will give your staff the knowledge and confidence to cater for disabled customers’ needs sensitively and effectively.
Disabled customers are a huge market in the UK - worth an estimated £80 billion per year. By giving your staff the confidence to make disabled customers feel welcome, you’ll not only win their custom, but that of their family and friends too.
Our interactive programme teaches your staff crucial customer service skills that can lead to:
- A reputation as an outstanding service provider for disabled customers
- Increased revenue, repeat business, average spends and net sales
- Better communication between staff and customers
- Increased staff motivation, and therefore reduced staff turnover and absenteeism
- Higher quality assurance ratings and improved scores on sites like TripAdvisor
When you train 50% or more of your front-line staff using any of the WorldHost programmes, you can also apply to become a WorldHost Recognised Business - a ‘must-have’ badge for customer service.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for any member of staff that has day-to-day interaction with customers – whether they’re an assistant, supervisor, department head or director.
What the course covers:
- Appropriate words and phrases to use with disabled customers
- Tips to improve communication
- Common disabilities and how ways to offer assistance
- Misconceptions and biases when serving customers who need support
- Why disabled customers are such an important market
- Identifying accessible local businesses
This programme can also be used to achieve a nationally-recognised qualification, the ‘Level 2 Award in Meeting the Requirements of Customers with Specific Needs in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism’. *
- Open programme : £85 per person
- In-company programme : £1,300
- No. of people per programme : Up to 15
- Course length : Half a day
All prices exclude VAT. In-company programmes may include an additional cost for trainer expenses.
*The national qualification is not included in standard WorldHost delivery and requires an extra assessment. Contact us for more details.