People 1st is regularly featured in En Passant (EP) - the leading executive business magazine for the hospitality industry.
Here you will find all the articles that People 1st has contributed, along with political updates from ministers and key stakeholders involved in our industries and the skills agenda.
Below you will find a list of our articles from the most recent issue of EP. Choose from one of the titles to view a PDF version. Alternatively, choose from the menu on the right to view articles from previous issues.
Issue 46 – July 2013
- On a roll to Act NOW! - With the Hospitality Guild's Act NOW! On Apprenticeships campaign in full swing, Alessia Vinerba reflects on the campaign's main achievement to date and why apprenticeships can help the sector secure the future of its skills
- Keeping Momentum: Checking In on the Hospitality Guild - At the halfway point of 2013, we check in on the Hospitality Guild to see how they're keeping the momentum going from a game changing and hugely successful year in 2012
- It's official: gender-balanced leadership teams are good for business - as Women 1st reaches the milestone of supporting more than 1,000 women with tailored training and mentoring programmes, Lesley Potter unveils the latest developments for businesses keen to build gender-balanced senior leadership teams
- Keeping talent in - With the hospitality industry continuing to grow, there's a greater need to focus our energies on retaining talented staff. Natalie Angel reports on the findings of the State of the Nation 2013 report
- Planning ahead can ease the doubt - If business planning can increase performance, why do comparatively few organisations do it?